Poster för konferensen IOHA 2024 i Dublin.
Se nedan för detaljerad info om inskick av abstrakt till IOHA 2024 med deadline 9 oktober:
The IOHA 2024 international scientific conference “Protecting Workers from Health Hazards: Advancing in This Changing World” will be jointly hosted in Dublin by the Occupational Hygiene Society of Ireland (OHSI) and the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) next June 9th – 13th.
We are looking for both academic and non-academic abstracts based on your research, work experience, work projects, OH knowledge and ideas. The official deadline for submission is fast approaching being the 9th of October 2023.
It is straightforward and quick to submit an abstract using the automated system provided by BOHS.
This email describes (1) the types of session for which you can submit an abstract, (2) how to complete your abstract proposal and a link to the online submission platform and (3) possible conference themes and topics.
Types of sessions for abstract submission:
a talk, using slides, or not, on a topic of your choice. This could be a case study where you solved a problem, work experience, a work project, results of a research project, a review of the current knowledge in a particular area, an update on an initiative etc. (15 minutes)
a themed session where you collaborate with a few colleagues, national or international to organise and talk about a particular topic or theme. (one hour).
a workshop, to plan and obtain the opinions of your colleagues/peers on an idea or initiative, to seek views prior to starting a project or to obtain feedback on results/outcomes. Workshops should be prepared to be genuinely interactive. (90 minutes)
a professional development course, deliver a short training session by sharing tips and experience on a particular subject that would be of interest to occupational hygienists. (3 hours)
How to submit your abstract and link to online submission platform
You can submit your abstract on this link and will need to:
- set up a free account in Oxford Abstracts if you do not already have one. Please use an active email account that you check regularly as we will use this email address to inform you of the progress of your submission and the next steps prior to the conference.
- provide a short title that clearly and adequate describes what you want to present. If proposing a case study, start your title with “Case Study.’’
- name all the contributors to the work you want to acknowledge (this should be restricted to those who have actively inputted).
- identify which of the contributors will present the work. Note, the presenting author will be required to register for the conference by a fixed date or the contribution will be withdrawn. The presenter should also provide a brief biography, less than 50 words, and a photograph or, alternatively, an institutional logo; these will be used in th online conference programme
5. describe the work or idea you wish to present in 250 or less words. While there is no fixed format, be aware the reviewers will select based on the relevance and quality of the proposal so, a clear explanation why the work done, i.e., the worker health issue, what was done and how, details of the results and outcomes and their value for the future practice or knowledge of occupational hygiene.
Conference themes and topics
The role of the Occupational Hygienist in the Future world of work
- emergency response preparedness
- gig economy
The role of remote working
- small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- low and middle income countries
Information and communication technology and digitalisation
- artificial intelligence
- big data
- internet of things
Innovative technologies and monitoring
- New technologies
- Real-time monitoring
- Wearable sensors
- Low cost sensors
Exposure assessment methodologies and applications
- human biomonitoring
- indoor air quality
- physical agents
- beyond respiratory exposure – ingestion, skin exposure etc.
- qualitative/semi-qualitative exposure assessment
- occupational exposure limits
- total worker health
- mental health
- health and well-being
Education, communication and outreach
- OH education – innovative methods and technology, educating the next generation
- risk perception and communication
- science communication
- case studies
Chemical regulations and frameworks
- REACH, TSCA, Korea-REACH, etc.
- Influence of chemical regulations
- Roadmap on carcinogens
- European partnership for the assessment of risks from chemicals (PARC)
The link to submit your abstract is https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/6236/submissions/new?behalf=false
Den 30 oktober 2023 anordnas ett för IOHA-medlemmar (där SYMF medlemmar ingår) gratis webbinarium om säkerhet vid icke-joniserande strålning. Se mer info nedan. Notera att tiden är 16:00-17:30 svensk tid.
Vid registrering behövar man ange att man är medlem i SYMF (Swedish Association of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, SAOEH).
Info-PDF från IOHA nedan
Se text nedan då IOHA söker personer inom dess medlemsorganisationer som har ett intresse av att fungera som IOHAs representanter i samarbete kring luftkvalité samt hörselskydd. Läs mer nedan. Ev frågor kan ställas till SYMFs IOHA representant Stefan Ljunggren (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Stakeholder Relations Committee is looking for appointed persons to work with two associations: the International Air Quality Association (IAQA) and the Council on Accreditation in Hearing Conservation (CAOHC).
We have met and discussed potential collaborations and would like to proceed with signing a Memorandum of Understanding with each. We are looking for contacts that are interested to represent IOHA and work with these organizations to further our collaboration and achieve our goals. The representatives would be the main contacts with these respective organizations. Ideally, they would have an interest in Indoor Air Quality or Hearing Conservation and be fluent in English.
Please distribute this message to your organization’s members. They can express their interest to Retha (email@example.com). We will review the emails and get back to them.
Thank you in advance for your consideration,
Andre Winkes, IOHA Stakeholder Relations Committee Chair
Samantha Connell, IOHA President-Elect
SYMF, likt alla andra medlemmar i IOHA, har bjudits in till en digital konferens 19-20 oktober anordnat av Malaysiska föreningen för industriell hygien. Se all info nedan i bilder.
Notera att ni behöver uppge att ni tillhör SYMF (Swedish Association of Occupational and Environmental Medicin, SAOEH) för att få rabatterat pris.
Stefan Ljunggren, Svensk IOHA-representant
Nu finns ett nytt nyhetsbrev från IOHA under medlemssidorna (länk nedan).
I denna omgång finns tre delar:
- Tid för när nästa IOHA-konferens, som sker i Dublin, går av stapeln 2024.
- Hur certifieringsorganet under IOHA (som SYMF ingår i) fungerar och vad det är som man måste uppfylla för att kunna ingå.
- Den andra artikeln handlar om Malyasias ansats till Covid-19 pandemin.